Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Hassa Al Sudairy - Archaeology Career Interview

We interviewed Hassa Al Sudairy to hear more about her career in Archaeology...

Hassa Al Sudairy
Where did you graduate and what are you doing now?
 I'm currently a senior at University Of Jordan, I was excavating this summer. after I graduate I'm looking forward in participating in excavations with my University. I also work at the University Museum at the Restoration Department.

When you graduated were you looking for a career in archaeology?
Yes I am, I applied for my masters degree in Maritime Archaeology It's very important to remember that there are large numbers of ancient traditions that refer to a lost civilization destroyed by a flood that we've missed up until now. then when I finish I'll excavate in Saudi Arabia and hopefully work with the Authority of Tourism and Antiquities

How has a degree in archaeology benefited your career?
Where I come from there isn't a lot of people studying Archaeology I am one of a few people in this field, and it had benefited me in my career by the excavations we make and the experience we gain.

What has been the greatest success in your career so far?
Being a part of it is more than I could ask for, archaeology takes you 5000 years back, even when excavating you get to see and visualize how people used to live and their daily life. My greatest success was when I translated ancient Greek inscriptions on a stone to a Museum and also I have been a part of a team with my professor we've translated an ancient Greek inscription on a recently discovered theater In Om Qaye/ Jordan

1 comment:

  1. it's nice to read about a passionate Saudi girl in such field. Wishing her the very best.

    ReplyDelete